Monday 11 May 2009

Radio 2 and the Pub of the Year

Great couple of hours at the Vulcan tonight - it was good to finally put names to faces. Jeremy Vine and his team were really nice and the Vulcan piece should be on at 1pm tomorrow, you can listen online here. I have to admit to getting a little star struck - as a student who formerly worked nights, the Jeremy Vine show, 12 - 2, has been a highlight of the day for some time. I can also add him to the list of Egg Head presenters I have seen in real life (2 out of 2 - not bad).


Jeremy Vine and landlady Liz Smart



Also thanks to Camra who presented the Vulcan with their Pub of the Year award - more photos from tonight to follow.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Such a beautiful building. I'm listening to Jeremy Vine as I type.
I hope that chaps' guinness went down well!

I'll be signing that petition!

Save the Vulcan said...

Hi Carolyne - it looked a nice int and the lucky bugger got it for free aswell...

Save the Vulcan said...

pint even...